Terms, License Agreements, & Privacy Policies.
Effective Date: December 12, 2015
What information do we collect?
- Email Address.
- Payment Data.
- Our customer portal will issue a temporary cookie to enable certain features.
From the Website:
- Google analytics data (opt-out plugin)
- Apache Webserver (see apache.org) logs.
- Submissions on the ‘Contact Us’ page.
- Info entered into our live chat.
- Any e-mails we receive.
- Affiliates who opt to use the optional control panel will receive a temporary cookie.
How do we use the information we collect?
- Email is used to send service, payment, and opt-out promotional information.
- Payment data is used to manage customer signups, payments, and cancellations.
- Google analytics data is used to improve our website.
- Apache webserver logs are regularly pruned and are created by the webserver.
- Contact submissions and e-mails will be used for correspondence.
- Temporary cookies are used to handle Customer Portal logins.
What about the privacy of my vpn sessions?
As a service dedicated to internet security and privacy, we, by default, absolutely do not capture or store logs of a personalVPN user’s internet activity, browsing, websites or servers visited, including any IP address(es), timestamp(s), DNS queries, or metadata.
Witopia is a business that strives to protect privacy and the privacy rights of our clients. Although we respond to valid and legal subpoena requests, we scrutinize each and every legal request we receive for compliance with both the “spirit” and letter of the law. For overly broad subpoenas, we will question or attempt to narrow the scope of any subject matter sought. Nevertheless, by default, we do not capture or maintain logs of a user’s internet destinations, including even the IP address or timestamp, so we cannot provide information that we do not have.
Terms of service
Please also visit our Terms of Service section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website and services here. Your use of our Site or services, as well as any dispute over privacy, is
subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service.
With respect to the personal data it receives from countries in the European Economic Area and Switzerland, Witopia complies with, and has certified its adherence to, the Safe Harbor Principles as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce, as agreed upon with European Commission and the Federal Data Protection and Information
Commissioner of Switzerland, which can be found at https://safeharbor.export.gov/list.aspx or email email@example.com
to request a copy.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, please feel free to contact us using the information below.Witopia, Inc.
11654 Plaza America Drive #316
Reston, Virginia 20190-4700